Suggestion: Merge Whalenought Forums

Questions and answers regarding technical questions for Copper Dreams.
aratuk

Suggestion: Merge Whalenought Forums

Post by aratuk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Just a suggestion! I think having completely separate forums for Serpent in the Staglands and Copper Dreams might be counterproductive.

Most game developers seem to have just one forum, with a subforum (and maybe topical sub-subforums) for each game. This seems to work out pretty well for having an ongoing, cross-pollenating discussion that gets bigger with additional games.

I'm guessing maybe Whalenought wanted to switch message board software, though, and there isn't a great way to merge the old stuff in with the new… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

whalenought_joe

Re: Suggestion: Merge Whalenought Forums

Post by whalenought_joe » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:00 am

Hey aratuk!

Thanks for hopping on to the forum!

A hub of subtopics for different games was our initial idea too, but our previous forum we were using was sort of a pain to work with and can't be easily transferred to this one. Instead our plan is to make a hub under the banner of the Burning Candle ruleset for all the games using it, so starting with Copper Dreams, the Serpent expansion and then the next planned Vol game.

These group of games will then have a persistent, shared ruleset and forum for discussion. We also are setting up a wiki for them, so in the end it should be streamlined for any community and us to work together on.

We're still deciding exactly the layout for the merged games, this forum has just been used for some pre-alpha work for Copper Dreams.

beldurax

Re: Suggestion: Merge Whalenought Forums

Post by beldurax » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:18 pm

I am looking forward to the new layout for the forum for Copper Dreams. Cannot wait to get going with the alpha, whenever it gets released. :D