Auto painting requires preparation beforehand. The area in which you will paint your car must be properly cleaned to remove all dust from the area. En
Auto painting requires preparation beforehand. The area in which you will paint your car must be properly cleaned to remove all dust from the area. Ensure you don’t paint your car under trees or anything, which is most likely to drop something on the car during and after painting the car. If you also wish to paint the trunk, inner doorsills, and the car’s engine bay, it is more likely to take more time. You can also cover the areas you don’t want to paint on the exterior of your car. Let us discuss it.
What Are The Simple Steps To Paint Your Car?
- For a smooth finish, you must have to use sandpapers on corners and crevices. This is a time-consuming process since each panel can take up to and often more than two hours. You can use the wet-and-dry sandpaper for smooth finishing on the exterior if you don’t have enough time to go right down to the bare metal. Before painting your car, you must clean it with thinners and wait until the residue and dust evaporate entirely from the thinners.
- You must cover certain parts of the cars with masking tape or plastic sheets to avoid overspray. Follow the instructions on the paint to mix the primer and thinner in the right proportions. It varies with different types of paints. Before painting your car, you must practice by holding the spray gun approximately six inches from the area you want to paint. Hold the trigger while moving the spraying gun because if you hold the trigger continuously, it will cause the paint to run when you change directions.
- Paint your car from the roof down, applying the primer in thin and even coats. It generally takes two or three coats to cover the entire area of the car, and each coat can take from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. Use the sandpaper for a smooth finish after applying the primer because it has a powdery finish.
- Auto painting cars is a lengthy process. You have to complete several steps before finally painting the car. The paint is also mixed with thinners and is applied with the similar spraying method mentioned above. You must ensure that you remove any residue or dust with the sandpaper before applying the final coat of paint.
- The masking tape must be removed while the paint is still wet but make sure it does not get stuck to the paint. Finally, use a buffer for painting in buff circular motions.
- Painting your car yourself is surely a time-consuming process but saves a lot of money and gives you great satisfaction after your work is done.
You could rely on them if you met with an accident to help you claim the cost of expenses from insurance companies and repair your car. In addition, a body repair shop will relieve you of the tension of repairing your car if you have met with an accident.