A pet is an animal that is domesticated and lives with humans. They are is not used for eating or is bound to work. A pet is an animal that is kept by
A pet is an animal that is domesticated and lives with humans. They are is not used for eating or is bound to work. A pet is an animal that is kept by people for pleasure, companionship and friendship. A human pet relationship can be called a symbiotic relationship. People generally keep pets for entertainment that they give them, such as cats, dogs and horses, but this feeling of companionship appears to be mutual in their relationship. This association benefits both human beings and animals. Pets are a part of almost every culture, and people have been keeping pets since prehistoric times. For example, a king or any wealthy person having a tiger or any other carnivore or an omnivorous animal. Having a pet satisfies a profound and universal need of human beings.
Some most common darlings kept as pets by human beings
- Rodents (guinea pigs, hamsters and more)
- Lagomorphs ( rabbits, pikas, hares and more)
- Birds ( parakeets, parrots, peacocks and more)
- Reptiles (leopard gecko, snake and more)
- Amphibians (frog and more)
- Anthropods (tarantula, hermit crabs and more)
Cats and dogs
Dogs and cats are the kinds of pets that are people’s first choice and make the best pets of all. They are simple to train and are domesticated pets. There are various kinds of cats and dogs and diverse breeds you can choose from to keep them as your pet. Each has its unique temperament and characteristics and are available at any pet store. They can be easily cared for, and their food supplies are available at any pet store, discount store or grocery store.
Along with dogs and cats, horses are also lovingly attached to their owners. These animal groups were kept as domesticated pets in prehistoric times.
Characteristics of a pet
- Companion animals – These animals usually stay indoors or outdoors. They go on trips and outings with their owners. They can range from reptiles and birds to dogs and horses. These animals vary according to their owner’s personality.
- Show animals – They requires extra grooming, care and training. Considering to pet these animals takes a major commitment by the people. There are various rewards of owning these animals, along with great responsibility and costs.
- Work animals – These pets are kept for hunting, guiding the blind or herding the sheep. Here, options are very few.
Having a pet has its importance as it can comfort you when you are sick or sad. Having a dog of any breed requires a daily walk for them to stay healthy and happy. Walking a dog will keep you fit as well. If you live alone, having a pet can cheer you up as they never leave you alone. Life is full of stress and anxiety. Having a pet can reduce that and keep you happy. They help you in making friends with other pet owners. They can also improve your immunity as they bring all sorts of germs into the house, and those germs could turn beneficial for you.